Request a Scene

Want to request a favorite scene to be written as an excerpt?

All you need to do is give me an email at UniversalOm432Hz@gmail.com with the subject of "Movie Excerpt".

Monday, December 29, 2014

Excerpt: "Noah's Last Letter" - The Notebook (2004)

WARNING: Contains spoilers. Do not read prior to watching the movie.

---

Allie driving her car near misses colliding head on into a dump truck, swerves off and stops at the side of the road. She picks up Noah's stack of letters, takes the last one out, opens it and reads:

"My dearest Allie, I couldn't sleep last night because I know that it's over between us."

Allie putting her hand over her mouth, begins to cry.

"I'm not bitter anymore, because I know that what we had was real."

Scene cuts to Allie driving with sadness filled in her eyes as Noah's voice continues:

"And if in some distant place in the future we see each other in our new lives, I'll smile at you with joy and remember how we spent a summer beneath the trees learning from each other and growing in love."

Allie pulls up and parks at the hotel her FiancĂ© is staying at, trying to wipe away her tears. Noah's voice continues on:

"The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds."

Allie starts to fix her hair with a hair pin.

"And that's what you've given me. That's what I'd hoped to give to you forever."

Unable to hold her tears, Allie begins to cry again.

The scene cuts as Old Noah's voice takes over:

"I love you. I'll be seeing you, Noah."

The Notebook (2004) directed by Nick Cassavetes. A Novel by Nicholas Sparks.

No comments:

Post a Comment